Its almost beach read season. Check out the comic rack!
Feeds 10 to 15 people. Costs $45 smacks
- Bacon Scallion Mac + Cheese — White Cheddar, Fontina
- Truffle Mushroom Mac + Cheese — White Cheddar, Fontina
- Classic Mac + Cheese — White Cheddar, Fontina
- Buffalo Chicken Mac + Cheese — White Cheddar, Fontina, Blue Cheese
- BBQ Pulled Pork Mac + Cheese — White Cheddar, Fontina
All orders must be made by Thursday, January 29, at 4 PM. Please pick up your orders on Super Bowl Sunday by 2 PM.
Excerpt from Gothamist:
QUEENS COMFORT Good luck getting a table for brunch at this Astoria den of carbs and cheese, but things are usually a little quieter for dinnertime, where they offer two flavors of equally decadent mac & cheese. Carnivores can opt for the Bacon Scallion version ($14), a rich mixture of bechamel fortified with cheddar, fontina and parmesan cheeses, with nubs of salty bacon and zippy green onions in each bite.
For vegetarians, Truffle Mushroom ($16) with fontina, cheddar and a funky flavor that will bar post-meal makeouts for at least a few hours. If you do get in during weekend daylight hours, do not miss the deep fried mac & cheese known as Atomic Fire Balls ($8). For extra lily gilding, they’re served with a side of ranch for dipping.
Queens Comfort is located at 4009 30th Avenue between Steinway and 41st Streets in Astoria, Queens (718-728-2350, queenscomfort.com)